[Zope] How can run multiple query in an Z sql method

Maciej Wisniowski maciej.wisniowski at coig.katowice.pl
Fri Mar 9 12:57:10 EST 2007

>> If I understood you're telling me that begin and commit statements are
>> "redundant".
>
> No in this case they would be an error.
>
>> Sometimes conflicts are not correctly managed by ZTM (no rollbacks in db)
>
> Examples? Which bug reports?
Stored procedures implementation in DCOracle2 (original implementation)
under some conditins may cause that behaviour (no rollback). I've
written about this on Zope-db
(http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.web.zope.general/56435).

But this is very specific thing possibly
connected with a bit strange (at last for me) Stored procedures
implementation in DCOracle2 (they're resource managers itself) and
AFAIR they're using other resource managers. I've solved this by
changing ZOracleDA Stored Procedures to behave similarly to
ZSQLMethods.

Another thing is that Zope database adapters usually use volatile
attributes and as Dieter Maurer told me (on zope-db) under
some (very specific) conditions (AFAIR subtransaction commit or
something like that) this may cause connection object stored in
volatile attribute to disappear during request.

--
Maciej Wisniowski