[Zope] Redirecting

Jonathan dev101 at magma.ca
Mon Mar 12 12:14:07 EDT 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: <tonylabarbara at aol.com>
To: <zope at zope.org>
Sent: Monday, March 12, 2007 11:55 AM
Subject: [Zope] Redirecting

> Hi;
> I have a Web site I'm building a shopping cart for that is built with a
> basic site template and an iframe where all the page-by-page info goes. I
> need to redirect the iframe to the address below, but when I use the
> current incantation, it replaces not just the iframe but the whole page!
> Can someone suggest a better idea? This is a python script:
>
> request = container.REQUEST
> response = request.RESPONSE
> response.redirect(request.BASE0 +
> '/EMarket/Our_Store/Main_frame.pt?category=' + category)

If the link to the redirect is on a page within the iframe, then it will
just reload the contents of the iframe (unless there is some javascript
within the target page which is 'breaking out' of the iframe).

If the link to the redirect is on the 'main page' and you want it to just
reload the iframe, then you need some logic in the main page display routine
which sets the 'src' field of the iframe html tag to the 'new' routine.

hth

Jonathan