[Zope] problem with manage_importObject

Fabio Marcone fabio.marcone at duet.it
Mon Mar 12 13:51:57 EDT 2007

Eric Bréhault wrote:
> Hello,
>
> What about just doing the import yourself:
> container._importObjectFromFile(f)
>
> (rather than using the ZMI's manage_importObject method through a zope
> client connection) ?
>
> Eric BREHAULT

>> import
>> strange
>> >
>> > Are you calling manage_importObject from Python code? Are you sure the
>> > transaction is committed? If you're calling this in some external
>> script
>> > (such as a script run via "zopectl run") without starting a "normal"
>> web
>> > request you may have to explicitly commit the transaction.
>> >
>> > jens
>> >

>> perhaps this is the problem...
>> in fact /var/lib/zope2.9/instance/myinstance/var is empty after
>> importObject operation using python script.
>>
>> but the commit has been introduced in zope 2.9?
>> I use the same code in zope2.7 without problem.
>> in a python script I use:
>> zopeClient('
>> http://localhost:9673/manage_importObject?file=app.zexp',myuser,mypassword
>>
>> )
>>
>> where zopeClient is:
>>         def zopeClient(url,username,passwd):
>>                 f = Function(url)
>>                 f.username = username
>>                 f.password = passwd
>>                 apply(f,(),{})
>>
>> How I can do "commit"?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Fabio

>> --
>>
>> Dott. Fabio Marcone
>>
>> 2T srl
>> Telefono                                +39 - 0871- 540154
>> Fax                                     +39 - 0871- 571594
>> Email                                   fabio.marcone(AT)duet.it
>> Indirizzo                               Viale B. Croce 573
>>                                         66013 Chieti Scalo (CH)
>> GNU/Linux registered user               #400424

well, I have no container because my script python is not an external
method or a script python in zope.

I try with:
import Zope2

Zope2.configure(...)

app=Zope2.app()
app.manage_delObjects(ids="index_html")
app.manage_importObject("index_html.zexp")

but with no results

Now I'm trying with urllib2 and urlopen with authentication but when I
reboot the machine, zope application disappeared.

do you know a method to commit http transaction in zope?

any suggests?

Thanks,
Fabio