[Zope] dynamically generating sql queries?

siva k mannis2000 at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 28 10:52:26 EDT 2007

Hi,
I have five fields in the database author1,author2..author5.
Trying to generate a parameter for the select_sql method called result,
I run into an error -cannot add type "int" to string. Could you please
say how to concatenate a string and a number?
please look at the code..
--
<dtml-in "_.range(1,6)">
<dtml-call "REQUEST.set('field','author')">

	index=sequence-index

	result="field+index">

	<dtml-in     "select_sql(field=result , language=language)"  >
	<dtml-var sequence-key>
	</dtml-in >

	</dtml-let>

</dtml-in>

--
or is there a better way to generate 5 different sql quesries and display
the result?

thank you.