[Zope] Scaling problems, or something else?

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Tue May 15 09:20:37 EDT 2007

Gaute Amundsen wrote:
> On Thursday 10 May 2007 17:57, Paul Winkler wrote:
>>> So there is no other possible limit in a zope instance than IO or CPU?
>> Well, there's RAM of course.  If you run out and start swapping a lot,
>> that's a big problem :)
>>
> About 12G in that box, so  that's unlikely.

How big's your Data.fs? If it's bigger than 12GB, then careless code can
easilly chew through all your ram...

>> Very helpful if the trouble is ZODB I/O.  Have a look at the activity
>> graph and see if you're getting lots of loads... might mean your ZODB
>> cache is too small and is getting thrashed.
>
> I set cache-size to 10000 last night, up from the default.

If you're using a ZCatalog, you might consider splitting it into it's
own zodb in order to improve the performance of this cache...

> Big CMS system with about 70 virtual domains.

How often does the content change?

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk