[Zope] exporting zope data as sql file

Jonathan dev101 at magma.ca
Fri May 18 07:58:54 EDT 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Freezin Monkie" <freezinmonkie at hotmail.co.uk>
To: <zope at zope.org>
Sent: Friday, May 18, 2007 4:29 AM
Subject: [Zope] exporting zope data as sql file
> I just joined the mailing list. I'm trying to export data stored in zope
> as
> sql. Is this possible and what's the best way to do this. Also is there a
> way to restrict which data is exported, i'm interested in exporting the
> data
> store through a particular zope product only.

It sounds like you just need a very simple external method to loop thru the
ZODB objects you want to export and then, for each object, write a formatted
record to a file (which you can then LOAD DATA INFILE or equivalent into
your sql db).

You can include logic in the external method to determine which objects are
selected from the ZODB and written to file.

hth

Jonathan