[Zope] five zcml addview question

David Davis davisd50 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 7 12:37:53 EST 2007

I am trying to create simple content type with zope 2.10.4 and five.  I have performed the following:

   - created a content interface
   - created a content type class implementing the interface and extending both Persistent and SimpleItem
   - created zcml class entries for the content type
   - created zcml browser entries for 'addform' and 'editform'

  I am trying to get Zope to automatically create the forms based on the content schema.  Once these steps were completed, I found my content type in the ZMI add menu.  However, once I selected my content type, I got an error (see below).

  The error looks like it is missing a 'main_template' object.  Any ideas what might be wrong?

  ERROR MESSAGE:

  2007-11-07 12:31:01 ERROR Zope.SiteErrorLog http://localhost:8080/+/Password_add
  Traceback (innermost last):
  Module Products.Five.browser.metaconfigure, line 417, in __call__
  Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 350, in _bindAndExec
  Module Products.PageTemplates.PageTemplateFile, line 129, in _exec
  Module Products.PageTemplates.PageTemplate, line 89, in pt_render
  Module zope.pagetemplate.pagetemplate, line 117, in pt_render
   - Warning: Macro expansion failed
   - Warning: exceptions.KeyError: 'main_template'
  Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 271, in __call__
  Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 346, in interpret
  Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 891, in do_useMacro
  Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 346, in interpret
  Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 536, in do_optTag_tal
  Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 521, in do_optTag
  Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 516, in no_tag
  Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 346, in interpret
  Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 870, in do_useMacro
  Module zope.tales.tales, line 696, in evaluate
   - Line 2, Column 1
   - Expression: <PathExpr standard:'context/main_template/macros/master'>
   - Names:
      {'container': <+ at />,
       'context': <+ at />,
       'default': <object object at 0x0099F528>,
       'here': <+ at />,
       'loop': {},
       'nothing': None,
       'options': {'args': (<Products.Five.metaclass.SimpleViewClass from add.pt
 object at 0x05D4C710>,)},
       'repeat': <Products.PageTemplates.Expressions.SafeMapping object at 0x05D
49D78>,
       'request': <HTTPRequest, URL=http://localhost:8080/+/Password_add>,
       'root': <Application at >,
       'template': <ImplicitAcquirerWrapper object at 0x05D4CDB0>,
       'traverse_subpath': [],
       'user': <User 'admin'>,
       'view': <Products.Five.metaclass.SimpleViewClass from add.pt object at 0x
05D4C710>,
       'views': <zope.app.pagetemplate.viewpagetemplatefile.ViewMapper object at
 0x05D4CD50>}
  Module zope.tales.expressions, line 217, in __call__
  Module Products.PageTemplates.Expressions, line 153, in _eval
  Module zope.tales.expressions, line 124, in _eval
  Module Products.PageTemplates.Expressions, line 100, in trustedBoboAwareZopeTr
averse
  Module OFS.Traversable, line 284, in unrestrictedTraverse
   - __traceback_info__: ([], 'main_template')
KeyError: 'main_template'