[Zope] Online groups, social networking via Zope

Steven Clift slc at publicus.net
Wed Oct 3 13:34:51 EDT 2007

Our organization uses a great Zope-based tool called GroupServer -
http://groupserver.org

For us, it is the open source YahooGroups/GoogleGroups killer you can
run on your own domain, with your own privacy policy, and without the ads.

Our online groups focused on public issues in local communities (ten
across Minnesota, England, and New Zealand currently -
http://forums.e-democracy.org ) and we are looking to connect with
Zope-developers who have an interest in social networking/online
communities.

 From time to time we receive small grants that allow us to fund a
feature enhancements, but at this point we are looking for people
passionate about Zope and local community participation to help advise
us on our use of technology and perhaps answer a Zope-related question
from time to time. Down the road we are hoping to build up our
development capacity to both contribute to the work of the super
OnlineGroups.Net team for the overall tool and deploy customizations
that are particular to our needs.

If you'd like to connect with us, drop us a line:

   team at e-democracy.org

Sincerely,
Steven Clift
E-Democracy.Org

P.S. If you live near the Twin Cities of Minnesota, Brighton, Bristol,
or East London in the UK, or Christchurch in New Zealand we are in
particular interested in knowing about your Zope work.