[Zope] why zope is rendering apostrophe as a small square box

Peter Bengtsson peter at fry-it.com
Tue Oct 16 06:29:28 EDT 2007

The apostrophe was entered with a different encoding from what you're
using to show it.
My guess is that you copy and paste a LATIN1 string, entered it into a
form that doesn't transform and then you're trying to show it with
Content-Type UTF8.

Getting encodings right has never been easy.
...unless you keep it simple and consistent.
...everywhere.

kamal hamzat wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Please what can I do to stop zope showing apostrophe in my content as a
> small square box.
>
> I am running Zope 2.10.4, python 2.4.4 on a windows server.
>
> Thanks.
> Kamal.

Peter Bengtsson,
work www.fry-it.com