[Zope] Zope Collector #2346

blists at bdf-net.com blists at bdf-net.com
Sat Sep 1 05:01:40 EDT 2007

Hello,

2 weeks ago I reported the following Bug:
http://www.zope.org/Collectors/Zope/2346 in which I describe a server
crash when using the FastCGI server under Zope 2.9.x, x >= 5.

I'm a little bit surprised that the bug severity was downgraded to
"medium" since, short of DB-corruption, I cannot imagine anything more
critical than a server crash. Someone who finds a way to provoke a
log-entry can trivially DOS the server, which is what (unintentionally)
happened on one of our production machines.

I would kindly ask you to apply the (obvious) fix which I posted or revert
the offending commit:
http://svn.zope.org/Zope/branches/2.9/lib/python/ZServer/FCGIServer.py?rev=70001&r1=40222&r2=70001
which doesn't seem too useful to me anyway.

Thank you.