[Zope] merging zodb's

David Bear david.bear at asu.edu
Tue Apr 1 18:29:38 EDT 2008

I have a zodb from a dead zope instance that I wanted to merge in to another
running zope. I thought I could use a mount point to do this and just specify
the old zodb for the storage in my mount point.

alas, this did not work as expect. After making the modification in my
zope.conf like this:

<zodb_db support >
    # ssw file store
    <filestorage>
      path $INSTANCE/var/srvx-Data.fs
    </filestorage>
    mount-point /support
</zodb_db>

And then restarting zope and adding the mount point -- I see nothing
underneath it.

So, I assume this is NOT a valid way to merge to zodb's together?

Does anyone have an suggestions on a way I might combine 2 zodb's?

--

David Bear
College of Public Programs/ASU