[Zope] Upgrade to 2.7.2 results in all content unavailable

Wes Modes wmodes at ucsc.edu
Fri Apr 11 15:14:30 EDT 2008

Better yet, here's a more informative debug output.  It tells me that
zope thinks this is a new instance.  Though the old database is it place
right where it should expect to see it.

    *[root at library zope]# bin/zopectl debug*
    Starting debugger (the name "app" is bound to the top-level Zope object)
    2008-04-11 12:04:05 WARNING Init Class
    Products.HappySession.HappySession.HappySession has a security
    declaration for nonexistent method 'manage_menu'
    [snipped a bunch of warnings...]

    *>>> import Zope, ZPublisher*

    *>>> ZPublisher.Zope('')*

    [snipped a bunch of html and helpful info]
    Zope Quick Start
    You have not created any users in this Zope instance.  In order to
    log in and manage this Zope instance, you'll need to add an
    adminstrative
    user account.

    If you're running Zope on UNIX or Linux, you can create an
    administrative
    user account via the "zopectl adduser" command from a shell.
    <b>Note: You'll
    need to shut Zope itself down before "zopectl adduser" will work.
    Restart
    Zope after executing this command in order to log in.</b>

    WARNING: you are running Zope 2.8.X with python 2.4.X, this is not a
    supported
    combination. Don't file bugreports or ask for support on zope.org.

And apparently, I'm running 2.8.7 not 2.7.2 as I thought.  And I'm not
supposted to ask you for help.  Help!

W.