[Zope] AJAX / HTML Fragment

Martijn Pieters mj at zopatista.com
Mon Apr 21 15:13:22 EDT 2008

On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 8:17 PM, SpiderX <sp1d3rx at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm writing my website to use AJAX for form posting and displaying content,
> and instead of using AJAX to parse XML and then update the DOM, I'm using
> Zope to create an HTML fragment and AJAX just writes it to the correct
> location on the page. It works really great for what I'm doing, but the only
> problem is that I get an error message:
>
> "Error: no element found
> Source File: http://myzopesite:8080/mywebsite/zz/NewNote
> Line: 1"

Use Firefox and Firebug or LiveHTTPHeaders to see exactly what is
going over the wire; you can also use command line tools like curl to
recreate the request to debug what is going on on the zope and browser
sides.

Zope itself has very little to do with Javascript; once it serves the
JS all the requests look the same to Zope regardless of how they were
generated.

--
Martijn Pieters