[Zope] Timeout on server when python script is running

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Sat Aug 2 03:38:22 EDT 2008

sguglia at arrows.it wrote at 2008-7-25 16:30 +0200:
>I have a python script running from a plone site..it takes a lot of time (1
>hour maybe more) but I need to run it just for data recovery if something
>goes wrong. after about 20 minutes a "Timeout on server" message pops up..
>
>I tried and found where to change timeouts in zope.conf, but nothing changed.
>Wrong place? Please help, thanks!

Almost surely the wrong place.

"Timeout on server" message pop ups almost surely come from your
browser.

Even when the browser aborts the request, Zope is still
executing it to the end. Maybe, thats already enough for you?

Otherwise, you can use a non browser HTTP client (e.g. "urllib", "wget",
"curl", ...) to start your long running requests.
It might be necessary to send the request immediately to Zope
(not to any intermediate HTTP proxy) as intermetiate HTTP agents
may have their own timeout policies.

--
Dieter