[Zope] FTP

Andreas Jung lists at zopyx.com
Thu Feb 7 09:51:38 EST 2008

--On 7. Februar 2008 09:57:11 -0400 Trevor Johnson <trevorpython at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I have checked everything. Even tried connecting to a different Zope
> instance. Same problem. I just built out this new server. It says the
> authentication has failed. I am going in with the IP address and correct
> port addresses (8021, etc)

I have strong doubts. By default Zope will authenticate *any*
username-password combination when logging in through FTP. This means
authentication
will *always* succeed. The real validation of your credentials against the
current  object//folder will happen at the moment you access the object
but not at login time.

-aj