[Zope] The best way

Garito garito at sistes.net
Fri Jan 11 11:26:50 EST 2008

Hi!
Thanks Martijn and Matt for your ideas!
@Matt: can you explain with more detail the question about
REQUEST.response.write()? If the written content is as long as a file like
prototype is not a very heavy solution?

The contents of the zexp file are only js files and images (static content)
and I'm using Zope2

What about the functionality of the freemind view? What do you think about?

Thanks!

2008/1/11, Matt Hollingsworth <mr.hworth at gmail.com>:

> Hi,
>
> This sounds like the same problem I presented earlier.  Are you using zope
> 2.x?  If so, then it will only take you ~30 minutes to code something that
> makes use of REQUEST.response.write().  That's what I ended up doing; I
> wrote a simple class that would mount a directory on the file system and
> just serve the files that are in that directory.  If you make use of
> globals()["__file__"], you can make the class independent of absolute
> locations.
>
> If you are using zope 3 (I'm not sure if you can easily get this
> functionality out of five + zope2.x, since this deals with the
> publisher...
> someone else would have to answer that), look at this site:
>
> http://apidoc.zope.org/++apidoc++/Book/zopepublisherhttpresults.txt/show.htm
>
> Basically, it appears you can just return a file reference and let the
> publisher deal with the rest.
>
> A filesystem-based solution, as opposed to a ZODB way of doing this sort
> of
> thing, seems to be the best way to go as far as I'm concerned.
>
> If you are, indeed, using zope2.x, and want to go the response.write()
> route
> look at OFS/Image.py for an example of the serving logic if you want to
> avoid putting everything in memory.
>
> There may be better ways to do this sort of thing, but at least this is
> one
> way of going about it that worked nicely for me!
>
> -Matt

Zope Smart Manager
http://blogs.sistes.net/Garito/670