[Zope] Zope ZMI Templates

Andreas Jung lists at zopyx.com
Wed Jan 16 12:54:51 EST 2008

--On 16. Januar 2008 09:33:58 +0100 Tino Wildenhain <tino at wildenhain.de>
wrote:

> Tim Nash wrote:
>> Jurian,
>>   While the ZMI is a bit geeky for the average user, it works quite
>> well inside an iframe.
>> iframes are used by many ajax/web2 (whatever you want to call it)
>> libraries. So in my application (for example) I currently make ajax
>> calls to load specific zmi pages inside tabs of a window layout.
>
> IFRames. You should avoid those. With ajax or similar its easy to skip
> such stuff and just replace any named container tag.

Iframes are still a valid choice in case asynchronous won't work e.g. when
you need to load resources from servers != your origin server. Due the
security model of asynchronous requests, a browser will only load stuff
from the origin server. Iframes are a way to work around this limitation -
ugly as you said, but sometimes a good workaround.

Ansdeas