[Zope] Re: suddenly confused

Ricardo Newbery ric at digitalmarbles.com
Tue Jan 29 04:19:04 EST 2008

On Jan 19, 2008, at 10:39 AM, Dieter Maurer wrote:

> Tres Seaver wrote at 2008-1-18 21:06 -0500:
>>
>> David Bear wrote:
>>> I'm doing my first zeo setup, and suddenly I'm not sure about my
>>> products directory. Do I put all products in a products directory of
>>> the zeo server or in each zope instance?
>>
>> Normally the ZEO server doesn't need to have access to the products,
>> which are "application code".  The only exception is for products
>> which
>> define classes having application-level conflict resolution:  in such
>> cases, the ZEO server must be able to import the product (or else the
>> conflict resolution code is not consulted).
>
> As an additional note:
>
>   Zope uses Python import magic to make packages available
>   in "INSTANCE_HOME/Products" as additional products in
>   the "Products" package.
>
>   If some of these products need application specific conflict
>   resolution, the ZEO server needs to activate this
>   import magic -- by importing Zope's "App.FindHomes".
>
> --
> Dieter

Dieter,

Apologies for jumping late in this thread but how precisely should
"App.FindHomes" be imported?

And a related question.  Any suggestions on how to support multiple
product directories like a non-zeo config?  I checked already and
zeo.conf doesn't appear to support the "products" directive.

Ric