[Zope] Re: Zeo and conflict resolution (was "suddenly confused")

Ricardo Newbery ric at digitalmarbles.com
Wed Jan 30 14:04:12 EST 2008

On Jan 30, 2008, at 9:32 AM, Tres Seaver wrote:

> Ricardo Newbery wrote:
>
>> Another related question.  With respect to conflict resolution, is is
>> safe to assume that products (with _p_resolveConflict methods) in the
>> main Zope products directory are already available to the ZEO server
>> without any special configuration?
>
> Only if you installed the ZEO server instance from a Zope
> software;  if
> you installed it via a "ZODB-only" installation, then the products
> won't
> be available (because they aren't shipped with the standalone ZODB
> tarball).

Thanks.  Okay, then assuming you've installed ZEO from Zope software,
if your third-party product includes conflict resolution by
instantiating a class defined in the Zope product directory, then is
it also safe to assume that this product resolution is still
available to the ZEO server?  For example, if I have the following in
MyProduct:

from BTrees import Length

class MyClass(...):
     _count = None

     def incrementCount(self):
         if self._count is None:
             self._count = Length.Length()
         self._count.change(1)

     def getCount(self):
         return self._count()

Then do I have to make MyProduct.MyClass available to ZEO or is it
enough that BTrees.Length is available?

Ric