[Zope] ZCatalog : Searching Multiple Indexes : Returning One Result

Tom Von Lahndorff tom at modscape.com
Mon Jul 7 15:42:56 EDT 2008

Hi, I have a catalog called "catalog" that contains a bunch of cataloged
items. I have indexed 3 properties for each item, "name", "body" and
"description". I'd like to be able to search the catalog in the following
way:

if the word "text" shows up in any index, "name", "body" or "description",
return that result back once.

The problem is I have is that if a do a search for "text" and say there's
results that have the word "text" in one or more of those indexes:

catalog({name:query}) or catalog({body:query}) or
catalog({description:query})
only gives back limited results (leaves out some 'True' hits) and:
catalog({name:query}) + catalog({body:query}) + catalog({description:query})
gives me back the same result 3 times.

any ideas? Thanks.