[Zope] LDAPUserFolder question

Jens Vagelpohl jens at dataflake.org
Tue Jul 8 13:01:43 EDT 2008

On Jul 8, 2008, at 18:51 , Erik Myllymaki wrote:

> I am using LDAPUserFolder-2.9 with Zope 2.10.6 on Ubuntu 7.
>
> It is working well, users can log in and I can map groups to Zope
> roles.
>
> However, I was hoping that I could assign groups local roles, so
> that I can allow groups to be 'Managers' only in certain sub-folders
> of our site.
>
> Is this possible with LDAPUF, do I need additional packages, have i
> set it up incorrectly?

Erik,

The LDAPUserFolder itself has nothing to do with local roles per se.
It also has no concept by itself of groups as Zope knows them in
certain applications like Plone. The LDAPUserFolder equates group
records in LDAP with roles in Zope, not with groups.

You're not providing any information about what your application looks
like and what you're trying to achieve, but you may find more
functionality (like Zope group support) by using the
PluggableAuthService user folder in conjunction with the
LDAPMultiPlugins product.

jens