[zope] ZCatalog question

Jonathan dev101 at magma.ca
Tue Jul 8 18:08:30 EDT 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jonathan Salazar Santos" <jonanx779 at gmail.com>
To: <zope at zope.org>
Sent: Tuesday, July 08, 2008 5:17 PM
Subject: [zope] ZCatalog question

> Hi everybody
>

> I have a method that creates a Files and DTML Documents but I need to
> Index those news items to a ZCatalog when they are created.
>
> Do you know if there are some dtml calls (like manage_catalogACTION)
> to call the action: Index, Reindex, Delete indexed objects with dtml
> or Python Scrips.
>
> How can I do to get indexed my new items in a zcatalog automatically?
>
> Some help will be appreciated.
>
> Regards,
> --
> Jonathan Salazar

Basic ZCatalog info can be found in the "Searching and Categorizing Content"
chapter of the Zope Book (http://www.plope.com/Books/2_7Edition)

Automatic object cataloging was accomplished by creating 'ZCatalog aware'
object instances - i can't remember if this is a feature of ZClasses only
(stay away from ZClasses) or if you can create your own product that
subclasses the 'awareness' features (google is your friend).

You can manually add/remove items using the methods "catalog_object" and
"uncatalog_object" (Zope Book and google for more info).

hth

Jonathan (another one)