[Zope] getting post data from a webcam

Thomas Bennett bennetttm at appstate.edu
Wed Jul 9 10:05:33 EDT 2008

Can you use ftp or webdav, that may be easier, this would take care  of
mimetypes without having to move to a lower level.  It depends on the
capabilities of your camera but not knowing the model there is limited help.

  I had an Axis camera, that ran embedded linux and had a built in python web
server (boa) which I used to get an image from the camera every 5 seconds
replacing the previous image for viewing from our WEB site.  And, I had to
put the image directly on the file system and use the Local File System
product for Zope to access it because it was always downloaded under the same
file name and putting it in Zope directly quickly filled up the hard drive
because of the undo option, a learning experience.

It's been so long ago I don't remeber all of the details.

Thomas

On Wednesday 09 July 2008 00:16, William Heymann wrote:
> I am trying to integrate a webcamera with a site and I can get it to POST
> the data to a certain url on the server the problem is I can't figure out
> how to get access to the data. It is not in REQUEST.form
>
> the relevant request vars are
>
> ('CONTENT_LENGTH', '111695')
> ('CONTENT_TYPE', 'image/jpeg')
> ('HTTP_CONTENT_DISPOSITION', 'attachment;
> filename="image01-07-29_05-54-26-96.jpg"')
>
> This is being posted to a python script object inside zope, however if I
> need to use an external method that is not a problem I just need to figure
> out how to get the data.
>
> Thanks

Thomas McMillan Grant Bennett		Appalachian State University
Operations & Systems Analyst		P O Box 32026
University Library			Boone, North Carolina 28608
(828) 262 6587

"... using OpenOffice.org, and save them back to disk automatically,
in MS Word format.  They surf the Web, check e-mail, do instant
messaging, view YouTube videos, visit their Facebook pages, learn
touch-typing skills and lots more.  Our public library has been
offering these Linux public stations for the past three years."
 - Phil Shapiro Linux Journal January 2008

Library Systems Help Desk: https://www.library.appstate.edu/help/