[Zope] MySQL reconnects on zope application level

Jonas jonas at freesources.org
Wed Jul 16 05:41:38 EDT 2008

Hello,

On several zope 2.10.6 instances we discovered issues with database
connections to MySQL. Apparently MySQL seems to not automaticly
reconnect connections with a timeout since version 5.0.3 due to issues
with transactions.

Until now, mysql-python was patched to restore that behaviour to
automatically reconnect timeouted connections, but that is not the case
anymore either.

So from now on the database reconnects need to be done from zope
applications on their own. Unfortunately the ZMySQLda adapter by Andy
Dustman doesn't implement such a functionality.

I cannot imagine that we are the only ones who discover this problem. Is
there an easy way to implement automatic reconnects for Z MySQL Database
Connections on zope application level?

greetings, and thanks in advance,
 jonas