[Zope] Multithreading sessions

Jaroslav Lukesh lukesh at seznam.cz
Wed Jun 4 15:03:48 EDT 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dieter Maurer" <dieter at handshake.de>

> Jon Emmons wrote at 2008-6-4 08:50 -0400:
>>I am just learning about this, but my initial inquiries suggest that the
>>only way to achieve true concurrency using a language like python is to
>>launch multiple interpreters.
>
> This is true when you mean by "true concurrency"
> "can keep a multi-CPU systems busy".
> One a single CPU system, you get almost the concurrency which is possible
> (modulo bugs such as holding the GIL during non Python related possible
> expensive operations).
>

>>I don't yet have the solution to my problem, but at least now I know what
>>the problem is, and that is half the battle.
>
> One option is to fix the Sybase access module, another one to use
> SQLRelay, a third one to access the Sybase database via ODBC.

4-th option is to use MSSQL DA with threads, it use sybase as database
server (and file "interfaces" as redirector to other MSSQL/sybase DB). It
works very well. It is quite old, but it works with 2.9.4 too (newer Zope
server I does not use).
http://zope.org/Members/thinmanj74/Z%20MS%20SQL%20Database%20Adapterhttp://www.object-craft.com.au/projects/mssql/

http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope-db/2004-May/003067.html

Regards, JL.