[Zope] acl_users folder > 25000

Kees de Brabander cj.de.brabander at hccnet.nl
Thu Jun 5 09:44:20 EDT 2008

  _____

Van: Martijn Jacobs [mailto:martijn at fourdigits.nl]
Verzonden: donderdag 5 juni 2008 15:35
Aan: Kees de Brabander
CC: zope at zope.org
Onderwerp: Re: [Zope] acl_users folder > 25000

It appears that the database of my client is not accessible. They can
provide me an excel file with the members.

The intended application actually is an election. It is a one time thing.
Every member is using this application once, and presumably not all of them.
Would it still be unwise then to put these 25000 accounts in an ordinary
acl_users folder?

You could import the users in a database (like mysql) and authenticate with
a PAS plugin. Performance wise it could be really slow to have 25K users in
a userfolder.

I found this userfolder today as well :
http://www.simplistix.co.uk/software/zope/simpleuserfolder. You could easily
write a ZSQL method for authentication for this (it's easier than writing a
PAS plugin). If you have time or resources to write a PAS plugin I suggest
to invest some time for that.

 For the moment, MySql and simpleuserfolder would be the easiest way, I
presume. Thanks again, cb