[Zope] Javascript detection

Jaroslav Lukesh lukesh at seznam.cz
Mon Jun 16 14:38:29 EDT 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: "Arne Jensen" <arne at msri.org>

> Using DTML, is there a way to detect if a user has javascript enabled in
> their browser. We are running Zope 2.10.4-final, python 2.4.4.

Dont mix server-side processing and client-side processing!

DTML is server-side and it should generate javascript code.

Javascript is client side and here you should detect, if client has JS
enabled or no simply by calling javascript page. Then you should set cookie
and after visiting other pages, you know, that client is JS enabled. Or use
XHR (buzzword ajax).

Regards, JL.