[Zope] Context in a view doesn't see marker interface

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Fri Jun 20 06:27:44 EDT 2008

Eric Steele wrote:
> If I include something along the lines of <tal:block
> tal:replace="structure context" /> in my view template, someObject
> renders in the browser. The problem is that none of what's in there
> appears to recognize the interface that my view provides.

It's not at all clear what you mean here or what the problem is that
you're trying to describe.

How about a concrete, minimal example?

 > (I also had some success creating a page template on the fly, injecting
 > the current content object's template code into it along with whatever
 > else I wanted to display, but that just feels icky and runs afoul of the

"feels icky" is an understatement. How about woefully inefficient, not
to mention insane? You could probably make it a bit worse by getting the
template code from the request if you really tried hard ;-)

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk