[Zope] Re: Cache

Paul Winkler slinkp at gmail.com
Thu Jun 26 00:19:52 EDT 2008

On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 07:12:53PM +0100, Miles wrote:
> Kereoz wrote:
>> On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 1:13 PM, Andreas Jung <lists at zopyx.com> wrote:
>>> As you can see from the HTML code: something like
>>>
>>> app.Control_Panel.Database.<name of storage>.manage_minimize()
>>>
>>> should work.
>> I was thinking about the zope command line tools such as zopectl or so.

I don't think doing it in zopectl will do what you want.  AFAIK, the
cache that method minimizes is the in-memory object cache.  zopectl
runs in a separate process, which will have its own cache; so calling
manage_minimize() in a zopectl script will not affect the running Zope
server.

Instead you could write a script that uses wget or python's httplib or
similar to connect to the running Zope server and send the same
request that submitting the form in the ZMI would send.

None of this has anything to do with caches on disk, so I may be
misunderstanding what you want. The only disk cache I know of that's
relevant to ZODB is the ZEO client cache, which I don't believe is
affected by manage_minimize(). I don't think there is any API for
cleaning stuff out of it.

> You could also use something like
>
> $ PYTHONPATH=/usr/local/Zope-2.9.6/lib/python
> /usr/local/Zope-2.9.6/bin/zeopack.py -p $PORT -S $STORAGE -d $PACKDAYS

That's for packing the storage, which is totally different.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com