[Zope] define a class in a python script

Peter Sabaini peter at sabaini.at
Wed Mar 5 04:39:06 EST 2008

On Wednesday 05 March 2008 10:21:32 Yuri wrote:
> Hi, all!
>
>  I would like to define a class inside a python script (so I can catalog
> it and use catalog to store info, as the tutorial about catalog
> everything suggests).

The default Script(Python) objects dont support class definition, because of
security constraints.

One easy option would be to just use some other object, eg. a "File" and use
its properties.

Another option (with more initial effort, but easier to maintain later on) is
to implement a custom Product; have a look at
http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZDG/current on how to do this.

hth
peter.