[Zope] Re: problem migrating ZClasses from Zope 2.6.1 to Zope 2.9.8

Max M maxm at mxm.dk
Wed Mar 26 10:06:12 EDT 2008

Allen Schmidt Sr. skrev:
> No idea even where to start. I played with creating a 'boring' object a
> while back but I am pretty sure ours is a tad more complicated. All the
> parts of our site I work on are in SQL and was never involved in the
> ZClass News stuff. It just works...and continues to work...but is
> limiting us from upgrading.

This product only needs minor changes in the initialization code to be
used as a generic product:

http://www.mxm.dk/products/public/minimalPloneTool/

A bit more info here. Even though it is a bit outdated, it is pretty sound:

http://www.zope.org/Members/maxm/HowTo/minimal_01

> So, where to start. Once we get some guidance, we could probably do it
> ourselves.  Anyone willing to a$$$ist? We don't have a budget for it but
> could scrape something together to get started.

You understand how to motivate ;-)

--

hilsen/regards Max M, Denmark

http://www.mxm.dk/