[Zope] zope on google file system

Tim Nash thedagdae at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 13:56:35 EDT 2008

The google summer of code is almost underway and already has a lot of
good ideas but I was wondering if any of my fellow zope users would
have any interest in the following area:

I don't have the skills but I think it would be cool if some
student ported Zope to utilize features of the google file system or
libferris. Libferris is a virtual file system that mounts just about
everything including postgres, xml and OpenOffice docs.  If zope ran
on the gfs (primarily adding business logic, security and publishing)
it would give a boost to the value of any zope based company. Also, I
think it would be fun to run map/reduce on my stored objects! A zope
that ran on libferris and offered secure publishing of libferris
resources would just be cool.

If anybody else thinks this would be useful I will jon the gsoc user
list, (even though I'm not a student and I'm not experienced enough
with zope to be a mentor) and do my best to make this happen.