[Zope] Re: zope on google file system

Laurence Rowe l at lrowe.co.uk
Mon Mar 31 07:24:14 EDT 2008

As an experiment, I started porting zodb to amazon s3 storage a while
ago... http://code.google.com/p/s3storage/

You can use it to start zope, but it makes far too many writes
inefficiently (it took about 15 minutes for zope2 to create all it's
objects on a first start).

Now that ec2 comes with static IP addresses, I might end up looking at
it again. It needs refactoring to write only one file per transaction
(or savepoint), but once done I would imagine it might then offer
reasonable performance.

Laurence