[Zope] PageTemplates len() of unsized object

Andreas Jung lists at zopyx.com
Sat May 24 05:52:50 EDT 2008

--On 24. Mai 2008 11:47:32 +0200 Giampiero Benvenuti
<giampiero.benvenuti at chiaroscuro.com> wrote:

> Hello list,
>
> after the upgrade from zope2.9.7 to 2.10.6 i get this error in the event
> log:
>
> 2008-05-24T09:31:32 ERROR Zope.SiteErrorLog
> http://myurl/error_log/manage_main
> Traceback (innermost last):
>    Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 119, in publish
>    Module ZPublisher.mapply, line 88, in mapply
>    Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 42, in call_object
>    Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 313, in __call__
>    Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 350, in _bindAndExec
>    Module Products.PageTemplates.PageTemplateFile, line 129, in _exec
>    Module Products.PageTemplates.PageTemplate, line 89, in pt_render
>    Module zope.pagetemplate.pagetemplate, line 117, in pt_render
>    Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 271, in __call__
>    Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 346, in interpret
>    Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 379, in do_startEndTag
>    Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 412, in do_startTag
> TypeError: len() of unsized object
>

> If I click on ZMI "error_log" i just get:
>
> Error Type: TypeError
> Error Value: len() of unsized object

You might take the Python debugger and figure out why
do_startTag() is failing. This might help us for providing a fix or a
workaround. Without further information e.g. the related content of the
template or the related tag failing here...there is little we can do -
except guessing (I won't).

Andreas