[Zope] FunctionalTestCase commits transactions

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Tue Nov 4 13:55:31 EST 2008

Ross Patterson wrote at 2008-11-3 16:04 -0800:
>If memory serves, a *functional* test fixture calls the Zope publisher
>when a testbrowser request is made.  The publisher opens a new
>transaction, as it should.

Really?

When I wrote a functional test browser (years before "zope3"),
I emulated the Zope publisher rather than calling it directly
in order to have control how transactions are handled.

Especially, I used subtransactions instead of top level transactions
to avoid the bug reported by Peter.

--
Dieter