[Zope] Was Problem using nested dtml-in with zsql

Andreas Jung lists at zopyx.com
Sun Nov 9 12:23:03 EST 2008

On 09.11.2008 12:17 Uhr, Garry Saddington wrote:
> On Saturday 08 November 2008 21:59, Tim Nash wrote:
>> +1
>> Well spoken. It is painful to see all the cheers for django templates when
>> dtml has been around longer and is just as good, maybe better.
> Just had a look. They do the same as dtml but with less functionality. Amusing
> that something that is dead in one system is the best thing since sliced
> bread in another!
> I too appreciate all the work that goes into maintaining Zope, thanks Andreas,
> long may you continue your contributions.

Guys, please calm down :-) Nobody told you that we are going to take
DTML away. The point is pretty easy: if you are new to Zope then there
is very little reason to get in touch with DTML (other than for ZSQL
methods). ZPT is recommendation for generating markup for years. It is
well maintained and documented and adopted. We should not throw newbies
into the  DTML hell - if you use it for legacy reasons or whatever
reason, fine. The official message for newbies is likely: use ZPT.

Andreas