[Zope] Google apps and SAML 2.0 authenticating using Zope

Thomas Bennett bennetttm at appstate.edu
Thu Nov 13 13:21:27 EST 2008

I need a SAML 2.0 solution for authenticating into Google Apps from a SAML 2.0
request from Google Apps.  There are Java, PHP, Perl, Drupal, and other
solutions but I didn't want to build from scratch if there was already a Zope
solution available.  I haven't found a Zope product that does SAML
authentication and the closest thing I found was the acas product but looks
like it is specifically for authenticating into Zope only.

If there doesn't already exist a Zope solution, I've found a Python SAML
library and plan to use it with Python LDAP in external methods to
authenticate against my Fedora Directory Server.  That is unless there are
better suggestions in reply to this email.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Thomas

Thomas McMillan Grant Bennett		Appalachian State University
Operations & Systems Analyst		P O Box 32026
University Library			Boone, North Carolina 28608
(828) 262 6587

"If a vendor shipped a Windows notebook without the drivers, I'd venture to
guess it would be even less useful than your Linux laptop" [without drivers].
 - Shawn Powers, Linux Journal November 2008

Library Systems Help Desk: https://www.library.appstate.edu/help/