[Zope] repairing zodb in 2.10.5

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Wed Nov 19 14:07:23 EST 2008

baiewola wrote at 2008-11-18 13:48 -0800:
>I'm running zope 2.10.5 on Macintosh OS X Leopard Server and I see that
>several objects seem to be corrupted, as evidenced by poskey errors and
>the fact that I can no longer access or delete them. I have found web
>sites suggesting that I use fsrecover.py, but I cannot find that in my
>Zope bin. How can I recover these individual objects?

"fsrecover" fixes (by omitting damaged parts) physically destroyed
storages.

In your case, the physical structure is okay. Instead, you have
dangling references (which is a logical not a physical problem).

You can use "fsrefs" to locate the containers containing dangling references.
Then, you can overwrite the broken content in these containers (there
is a HowTo around somewhere).
This way, you can fix some objects -- maybe sufficient to become
workable again.

--
Dieter