[Zope] Moving zope data.fs

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Wed Oct 1 13:41:32 EDT 2008

Jakob Carlsson wrote at 2008-9-30 21:39 +0200:
>I have two Data.fs files and the Products directory from a server that was
>running two Plone websites (don't know anything more about Zope or Plone
>versions than it was Plone 2.5.x) that I'm trying to get up and running on
>the new server with no access to the old installation (we re-installed the
>server) but I can't get it to work in any way I have tried. I can't get Zope
>to read the database or it will not start at all. When I tried with the
>universal installer for Plone 2.5.3 (I think it was this version I got the
>longest with) I got it to read the database files but then I get program
>errors on almost every page in the ZMI so I can't go on with the
>installation.

As someone else already said: we need precise descriptions of
the error behaviour.

One approach may be: you build a standard Plone installation
and get it working (without your database).

After that you mount your database into the working installation
and explore its content.

I expect that you find something about "mounting" in the Zope Book
(2.7 edition on "plope.org") -- but I am not sure.

--
Dieter