[Zope] howto talk to a zodb while zope is running

Paul Gevers paul at climbing.nl
Sat Oct 11 12:41:27 EDT 2008

Hi,

I maintain several websites where we rely heavily on file-system files
to serve images and movies. We have a user interface in Zope to manage
the files, based on the "external file" product. Users can upload files
via webdav to the filesystem and I am synchronizing Zope by using
inotify (Linux OS kernel tool that triggers on changes on the file
system). At the moment I use a http request to the localhost to tell
Zope that the filesystem has changed, but when a lot of files are
created in a short time the updating is too slow.

Is there a faster way to talk to the zope database than via a http
request while zope is running? I tried to find something useful on the
net, but was buried in too many pages which are not really relevant.

With kind regards,
Paul