[Zope] use path function on a python script

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Tue Oct 14 13:21:02 EDT 2008

Garito wrote at 2008-10-12 17:13 +0200:
>This is like KSS question: why we resolve a question with the first way we
>find?

I do not think that this was the case for KSS.

When KSS was developped, there already have been lots of solutions --
but not satisfactory ones when you want only small differences
between your site visited with and without JavaScript.

>not the better one? Is the human being. But as Steve Jobs said some
>time ago: only excelence people don't stop in the first way to resolve a
>problem

Steve Jobs also was responsible for ealier versions of Mac-OS --
and they suffered heavily for a very peculiar memory management system
(it took more effort to port a working solution to those Mac-OS versions
than the complete development on a different platform).
Here, the trial to be excellent was very counterproductive.

>I only need to put a link with the PDF download to the current page! (this
>don't sound to much complicated, isn't it?)

The url of the current page is "string:${request/URL}?${request/QUERY_STRING}"
(in a PageTemplate) or "'%s?%s' % (request['URL'], request['QUERY_STRING'])"
(in a "Script (Python)").

I do not know "Plone2PDF" and cannot tell how it is integrated
with the page it should render as PDF.
But it cannot be that difficult to contruct the corresponding urls.
It is very unlikely that you need the "path" "function" for this.

--
Dieter