[Zope] analyse ZODBUtilities/space.py results

JeanMichel FRANCOIS jeanmichel.francois at makina-corpus.com
Tue Oct 21 08:02:54 EDT 2008

Hi,

  I have a plone2.5 web site in production on zope2.9 with more than 100 000
objects. I would like to analyse the content of the zodb to optimize the web
site, find problems and better understand the ZODB.

  So i have started using space.py script, and got the results in the joined
csv file. BTrees.XX classes are the most important results. So  i would like
to understand what are those BTrees stuffs:

BTrees._IOBTree.IOBucket
BTrees._IIBTree.IISet
BTrees._OIBTree.OIBucket
BTrees._OOBTree.OOBTree
BTrees._OOBTree.OOBucket
BTrees._IIBTree.IIBucket
BTrees._IIBTree.IITreeSet
BTrees._IOBTree.IOBTree
BTrees._IIBTree.IIBTree
BTrees._OIBTree.OIBTree

according to me, btrees are folders that support a large numbers of entries.
why they are totalize 50% of the database (585MO of 1.3Go Data.fs)

I have a Members folder that contains about 8500 folders, got something like
8500 btrees for a simple mail product (one per members), got the PLoneGazette
product that store 1 btree folder, but not enough to make 50% of the database,
or i have missed sth.

Can anyone help me to understand those results ?

--
JeanMichel FRANCOIS
Makina Corpus