[Zope] Best place to rewrite webdav GET requests?

Gaute Amundsen gaute at div.org
Thu Sep 11 02:49:38 EDT 2008

Hi

In our homegrown cms system the lmages lives in /img/ and css directly on /
while templates gets split into a main template, and a "content type" template
that lives in /some/elaborate/structure/

Now when you open the template in  /some/elaborate/structure/ with dreamweaver
by webdav, of course it can not find the images and css it expects.

I have toyed with various ideas to work around this, and allow our "non-emacs
developers" to edit templates in a more convenient way. This is after all one
of the promises of TAL templates.

The idea here is simply to recognize the wysiwyg clients, and rewrite the
requests to make the template prerequisites appear where expected.

Now I notice that in WebDAVSrcHandler.py there is already a rewriting of GET
requests based on user agent going on.

Before I dive in I wan to ask the opinion of more experienced zopeistas here,
is this the "correct" place to do it?
Or would it perhaps be better to route webdav through apache, and try to
handle it with rewriterules?

Regards

Gaute Amundsen