[Zope] 'str' object has no attribute 'other'

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Wed Sep 17 14:05:09 EDT 2008

chaouche yacine wrote at 2008-9-16 01:36 -0700:
>I also tried to inherit Acquisition.Implicit, but then, I got yet another error :

>    *  Module Products.PageTemplates.PageTemplate, line 90, in pt_render
>      <PageTemplateFile at 0xb3c6c750>
>    * Module Products.PageTemplates.PageTemplateFile, line 73, in pt_getContext
>
>AttributeError: getPhysicalRoot

This means that your object is not embedded into the standard
acquisition context.

The easiest way to embed it into the standard acquisition context
is to store it as an attribute of an object in such a context
and then use usual attribut access (then the wrapping happens automatically).

Otherwise, you use "your_raw_object.__of__(parent)"
where "parent" is an object in the standard acquisition context.

--
Dieter