[Zope] A question about __setstate__ in Shared/DC/ZRDB/Connection.py

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Sat Sep 20 02:21:27 EDT 2008

Marco Bizzarri wrote at 2008-9-19 09:23 +0200:
>I assume therefore that the ZPsycopgDA object has been "ghostified",
>during the transaction. But this "assumption" is not supported by any
>evidence. In particular, it is not supported by my knowledge of the
>internal behaviour of ZODB on objects during a single transaction.
>
>Can anyone provide suggestion on this topic?

Cache garbage collection can happen at savepoint time.
Then, volatile attributes can be lost.

There is an age old proposal
"http://wiki.zope.org/ZODB/VolatileAttributeLifetimeGarantee"
which would allow to avoid this problem.

As we use this feature since ages in our local Zope/ZODB
version, I could provide an implementing patch (for ZODB 3.8).

--
Dieter