[Zope] [Zope-dev] Zope 4.0, maybe not such a bad idea...

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Thu Apr 2 16:24:06 EDT 2009

Jim Fulton wrote:
> We and canonical use the Zope Framework.  We don't use an
> application.  Zope (aka Zope 2) is an extensible application. We (ZC
> and Canonical and others) assemble components from the Zope Framework
> to build our own applications.

Hmm, maybe I got this wrong, but Gary Poster expressed a strong concern
that "zope 3 the app server" needed to keep living.

I do think the name "Zope" should never be used on its own again.

I think "Zope Classic" would certainly work for "Zope 2 the app server",
it conveys the right things:

- mature
- stable
- maybe not the best choice for new development.

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk