[Zope] [Zope-dev] Zope 4.0, maybe not such a bad idea...

Andrew Milton akm at theinternet.com.au
Thu Apr 2 16:57:39 EDT 2009

+-------[ Chris Withers ]----------------------
| Andrew Milton wrote:
| >| Indeed, but "classic" doesn't have any "bad" connotations as far as I'm
| >| concerned, and it'll need to keep living as long as Plone relies on it,
| >| which will be forever...
| >
| >Plenty of people use it without plone. You might want to crawl out of
| >the vacuum you live in.
|
| Yes, and I'm one of them, but I don't think it's fair to try and tempt
| new users into it...
|
| I'm happy to be proven wrong by you writing lots of decent docs, picking
| up maintenance of zope.org and LocalFS ;-)

You're good at volunteering people to do work.

I already maintain a lot of code, and I have my own LocalFS-type code so I
don't see the need to maintain a different one. If I was using it, I
would happily take it over, in the same way I've given my code over to
other people to maintain.

As for docs, an army of people continually volunteer on #zope to update
the zope book. Given my other contributions to Zope society, there are
people far better suited to writing technical documentation than I.

I'm happy to be a knowledge resource for anyone wanting to update the
existing book / write a new freely available document.

--
Andrew Milton
akm at theinternet.com.au