[Zope] Fwd: Building a fast, scalable yet small Zope application

Tres Seaver tseaver at palladion.com
Tue Apr 28 09:31:53 EDT 2009

Garito wrote:
> 2009/4/27 Tres Seaver <tseaver at palladion.com>

<snip>

> I don't know what you are talking about here:  I didn't threaten to ban
> anybody.  I generally ask (politely) that people keep their replies
> on-list, and assume that the occasional off-list reply is an honest
> mistake.  I *have* set up filters (in my own mail processing) dropping
> messages from a couple of users who persist in sending me private mail
> after being asked to keep the traffic on the list.
>

>> There are people that response very rude to a mistake private message

Aside from a couple of recent flare-ups, the traffic on this list has
been remarkable for its civility over time (I've been reading the list
for ten years now).  I'm sorry you have experienced rudeness, which I
don't find acceptable.  I quite like the Ubuntu Code of Conduct[1], and
think we could all do to emulate it here.

> cause a
> I'm sorry you feel that way.
>

>> I respect the opinions, yes, nothing to say about that. I respect you, all
>> of you, sometimes the email is not a good way to express. I'm a little bit
>> critic with some of the decisions you make because I think that Zope is the
>> best operating system (yes, I said operating system) someone could need
>
>> I think I need to be as critic because when you decide to make a step far
>> the vision of Zope I see more work I need to do for myself
>> I see Zope as a very very smart idea, a univers for my data in a very
>> similar way as a human brain seems to work and when I see how you invest
>> your time in another direction I sufer a lot
>
>> But, yes, I know that perhaps my vision of Zope is not like yours but it
>> was, at least when I know Zope the people publish some products with the
>> same vision
>
>> In that point I want to apologize. If I never offend you: sorry, nothing
>> personal

OK, no worries.

[1] http://www.ubuntu.com/community/conduct

Tres.