[Zope] zope2, buildout and relstorage

Rowan Woodhouse rwoodhouse at wirelessmeasurement.com
Thu Apr 30 07:00:50 EDT 2009

Jürgen Herrmann wrote:
> i want to use relstorage with zope 2.10 and have read about the
> "fake egg" procedure at http://pypi.python.org/pypi/plone.recipe.zope2install
>
> is there any documentation how to use that recipe? i tried
> downloading and unpacking from
> http://pypi.python.org/packages/source/p/plone.recipe.zope2install/
> but i'm, a bit lost there. from the readme i read that i should run
> "python2.4 bootstrap.py" first, and then? obviously the shipped
> buildout.cfg puts a zope2 source tree in parts/zope2 after running
> bin/buildout. the "eggs" dir contains:
>   plone.recipe.zope~all-3.0-py2.4.egg
>   setuptools-0.6c9-py2.4.egg
>   zc.buildout-1.2.1-py2.4.egg
> and fake-eggs has:
>   Acquisition/                   zope.app.renderer/
>   ClientForm/                    zope.app.rotterdam/
>   DateTime/                      zope.app.schema/
>   docutils/                      zope.app.security/
>   ExtensionClass/                zope.app.servicenames/
>   mechanize/                     zope.app.session/
>   Persistence/                   zope.app.site/
>   pytz/                          zope.app.size/
>   RestrictedPython/              zope.app.skins/
>   tempstorage/                   zope.app.sqlscript/
>   ZConfig/                       zope.app.testing/
>   zdaemon/                       zope.app.tests/
>   zLOG/                          zope.app.timezones/
>   ZODB3/                         zope.app.traversing/
>   zodbcode/                      zope.app.tree/
>   Zope2/                         zope.app.undo/
>   zope.annotation/               zope.app.wfmc/
>   zope.app/                      zope.app.wsgi/
>   zope.app.annotation/           zope.app.zapi/
>   zope.app.apidoc/               zope.app.zopeappgenerations/
>   zope.app.applicationcontrol/   zope.app.zptpage/
>   zope.app.appsetup/             zope.cachedescriptors/
>   zope.app.authentication/       zope.component/
>   zope.app.basicskin/            zope.configuration/
>   zope.app.broken/               zope.contentprovider/
>   zope.app.cache/                zope.contenttype/
>   zope.app.component/            zope.copypastemove/
>   zope.app.container/            zope.datetime/
>   zope.app.content/              zope.decorator/
>   zope.app.content_types/        zope.deferredimport/
>   zope.app.copypastemove/        zope.deprecation/
>   zope.app.datetimeutils/        zope.documenttemplate/
>   zope.app.debug/                zope.dottedname/
>   zope.app.decorator/            zope.dublincore/
>   zope.app.dependable/           zope.event/
>   zope.app.dtmlpage/             zope.exceptions/
>   zope.app.dublincore/           zope.filerepresentation/
>   zope.app.error/                zope.formlib/
>   zope.app.event/                zope.hookable/
>   zope.app.exception/            zope.i18n/
>   zope.app.file/                 zope.i18nmessageid/
>   zope.app.filerepresentation/   zope.index/
>   zope.app.folder/               zope.interface/
>   zope.app.form/                 zope.lifecycleevent/
>   zope.app.ftests/               zope.location/
>   zope.app.generations/          zope.modulealias/
> [...]

Hi, below is my buildout.cfg that I use for relstorage and Plone
(plone3_buildout). You should be able to extrapolate to a simple Zope
buildout config from it.

Rowan

[buildout]
parts =
     zope2
     productdistros
     instance
     zopepy

# Change the number here to change the version of Plone being used
extends = http://dist.plone.org/release/3.2.1/versions.cfg
versions = versions

# Add additional egg download sources here. dist.plone.org contains archives
# of Plone packages.
find-links =
     http://dist.plone.org/release/3.2.1
     http://download.zope.org/ppix/
     http://download.zope.org/distribution/
     http://effbot.org/downloads
     http://packages.willowrise.org

# Add additional eggs here
eggs =
     RelStorage

# Reference any eggs you are developing here, one per line
# e.g.: develop = src/my.package
develop =

[versions]
ZODB3 = 3.7.3_polling

[zope2]
# For more information on this step and configuration options see:
# http://pypi.python.org/pypi/plone.recipe.zope2install
recipe = plone.recipe.zope2install
fake-zope-eggs = true
additional-fake-eggs =
     ZODB3
url = ${versions:zope2-url}

# Use this section to download additional old-style products.
# List any number of URLs for product tarballs under URLs (separate
# with whitespace, or break over several lines, with subsequent lines
# indented). If any archives contain several products inside a top-level
# directory, list the archive file name (i.e. the last part of the URL,
# normally with a .tar.gz suffix or similar) under 'nested-packages'.
# If any archives extract to a product directory with a version suffix, list
# the archive name under 'version-suffix-packages'.
[productdistros]
# For more information on this step and configuration options see:
# http://pypi.python.org/pypi/plone.recipe.distros
recipe = plone.recipe.distros
urls =
nested-packages =
version-suffix-packages =

[instance]
# For more information on this step and configuration options see:
# http://pypi.python.org/pypi/plone.recipe.zope2instance
recipe = plone.recipe.zope2instance
zope2-location = ${zope2:location}
user = admin:admin
http-address = 8080
#debug-mode = on
#verbose-security = on

# If you want Zope to know about any additional eggs, list them here.
# This should include any development eggs you listed in develop-eggs above,
# e.g. eggs = Plone my.package
eggs =
     Plone
     ${buildout:eggs}

# If you want to register ZCML slugs for any packages, list them here.
# e.g. zcml = my.package my.other.package
zcml =

products =
     ${buildout:directory}/products
     ${productdistros:location}

rel-storage =
     type postgresql
     dbname relstorage_zodb
     user zope
     host localhost
     password tester

[zopepy]
# For more information on this step and configuration options see:
# http://pypi.python.org/pypi/zc.recipe.egg
recipe = zc.recipe.egg
eggs = ${instance:eggs}
interpreter = zopepy
extra-paths = ${zope2:location}/lib/python
scripts = zopepy