[Zope] SQL Method running twice

Sascha Welter zopelist at betabug.ch
Thu Dec 17 03:44:10 EST 2009

(Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 02:10:17PM -0600) Justin Dunsworth wrote/schrieb/egrapse:
> I simplified a page and all it's dependencies and added code back one by
> one. It eventually ended up coming down to one tag that was switching
> browser modes and POSTed twice. Switched compatability mode to on with IE8
> and did it with the same tag and it worked fine.
>
> I removed the tag: <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN" "
> http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd">

Your document did not comply to what IE8 expects in a HTML 4.01 strict
document. So it goes to "quirks mode" and in its glorious stupidity
reloads the page to do so.

Two things come to mind:

- don't remove the docstring, switch to the correct one - search the
  Intarweb thing for the correct one for IE8 "compatibility mode" and of
  course for your html

- I guess if the request leading to the zsql method that changed things
  in the database was called through a form (and not as a plain link)
  then maybe IE8 wouldn't try to reload

Good luck in any case!

Regards,

Sascha